North America Office Intern
The University of Melbourne is a leading international institution located in Melbourne, Australia. The University maintains a strong global presence through strategically placed representation in several countries. The North American office, located in Washington, DC, is responsible for profiling the University throughout the United States and Canada by providing support for full degree student recruitment, maintaining alumni relations and cultivating relationships with key North American stakeholders.
The North American office currently seeks an intern to support the staff with marketing and communications. The internship is available beginning February 2012 and can be held from a 3-6 month time period, depending on the availability of a suitable candidate. The intern will work 20 hours per week, reporting directly to the Country Officer (North America) and will be paid USD $500 per month. Due to office space limitations, the majority of the intern's responsibilities will be completed remotely with weekly meetings in the Washington office to discuss progress. Support will be available via e-mail and phone discussions with their supervisor as needed.
The amount of responsibilities will be determined based on the availability of the appropriate candidate's time frame (3 or 6 months), as well tasks which leverage the intern's strengths and talents to adequately meet the needs of the North American office.
Responsibilities will include:
* Management of prospective student inquiries, including assistance in the implementation of a Customer Relationship Management database and creating written communications to prospective students;
* Conduct data analysis of e-recruitment activities, student and alumni feedback and publications to provide reports and recommendations for further student and alumni outreach;
* Management of social media outreach to prospective students and alumni;
* Assist in coordination of activities for the 2012 NAFSA conference;
* Coordination of travel schedules and operations for the 2012 recruitment calendar
* Other tasks as needed.
Additional tasks may be available depending on various projects which may arise during the internship time period and/or the intern's desire to gain experience within a particular area.
* Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred (current graduate student or recent graduate)
* Strong written and o*** communication skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to work independently
* Education and/or work experience in area such as, Higher Education, International Education, Communications, Media or a related field
* Comfortable utilizing multiple technology platforms
* Genuine interest in an opportunity to work within international education
* Must be available to meet in the Washington office at least once per week
An application form can be requested by contacting Melissa Chapman at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> . Interested candidates must submit their resume and completed application form by January 6, 2012 directly to Melissa Chapman.
Country Officer (North America)
International Office Network - Washington, DC Office The University of Melbourne
750 First St. NE, Suite 1110 | Washington | DC | 20002
Phone: (202) 216-4367
Fax: (202) 216-9124
Cell: (202) 340-5482
E: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> | CRICOS Provider No 00116K