g longer. Maybe we'll make a trip down to Santiago, though, I've heard it's great :)
P.S. I am getting pretty nervous about my visa....I have to obtain my criminal record which apparently takes 13 weeks!? Do any of you have to do this, or know if that is accurate....?…
other, coordinate, etc... I can create a group message if you all are interested!
Quick question for Anna: Is it socially acceptable for women to wear shorts? I spent some time in Mexico City a few summers ago and I wore shorts... let's just say I got a few strange looks.…
film class together! I'm taking film and media:)
Im glad everyone likes the same kinda food, I love italian food too especially pasta and bread, but my favorite is probably mexican:)
everyday I get more excited!!!…
emester, and year programs in Merida.
This organization is in charge of informing, demystifying and educating the population in the Yucatan regarding AIDS. They see themselves as the catalyst for change in the understanding, prevention and treatment of AIDS. You can work with this organization in two different capacities:
a) Education program: where you, as a visiting student, will be involved in the development of educational programs and its application in the different villages around the Yucatan
b) Visit HIV positive and AIDS patients at different local hospitals
While this is purely optional, a decent level of commitment and seriousness towards this type of work on your part is needed in order to arrange a placement. Upon completion of your period of volunteerism, you will be issued with a certificate and a letter of recommendation from “Brazos Abiertos” in conjunction with IFSA-Mexico, indicating the number of hours you dedicated and the type and quality of your work completed.
Some guidelines, folks:
· Have an intermediate or advanced level of Spanish to be able to carry on a volunteer / social service activity successfully
· Attend the half-day workshop that will prepare you to observe all safety regulations and cultural sensitivity issues that might be involved with this activity.
· Commit at least 3 hours per day / three times per week to this type of activity.
· Write a one-page essay (an attached format will be provided), answering questions at length.
· Attend the first meeting, where the RD will be involved. You are responsible for arranging all other meetings and setting your own schedule.…
ng behind some great people here as well, but I will be meeting many more in Argentina! I got accepted, I'm so excited! haha. I was born and raised in the Twin Cities area and now I'm going to school in Minneapolis at the U. I'm hoping to study some communications courses (my major) when I'm down there. Do you guys know how structured our breaks are? I'm hoping to do some traveling during their summer break.…