Institute for Study Abroad - Butler University

Membership by Invitation Only

If you have an invitation, click the link in the email to join. Or, why not create your own group?

Mendoza Universities Program

Information

Mendoza Universities Program

A group for students spending the semester/year on the Mendoza Universities Program.

Website: http://www.ifsa-butler.org/mendoza-universities-program.html
Members: 35
Latest Activity: Jan 15, 2014

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Mendoza Universities Program to add comments!

Comment by Kaylee Schwitzer on July 22, 2013 at 10:55pm
My plane from Baltimore had landed and was sitting on the runway at newark as the group flight from Newark took off :'(
Comment by Joshua Alley on July 22, 2013 at 9:20pm

Anybody else in the Northeast have their flight delayed? I'm 24 hours behind at this point.

Comment by Lizzy Hamilton on July 21, 2013 at 6:24pm

Thanks guys! Can't wait.

Comment by Sarah Lahasky on July 21, 2013 at 3:32pm

Lizzy- Also, if your appliances say 120-240 on them, then you don't need a converter, you just need an adapter (which allows you to plug in your device, since their outlets look different than ours.). You can get adapters pretty cheap at walmart, etc. Good luck with packing! (I have procrastinated packing as well...) 

Comment by Joshua Alley on July 21, 2013 at 2:54pm

Hey Lizzy,

Radioshack should have converters, and a 50 watt converter that reduces the voltage and all that good stuff should be able to handle your laptop or whatever else needs charging. Still, I'd say check the appliances you're bringing, just to be sure of exactly what power ranges they need. Hope this helps!

Comment by Lizzy Hamilton on July 21, 2013 at 2:47pm

Do you guys know anything about what type of power converter we might need? (Epic packing procrastination.)

Comment by Catherine Crowe on July 21, 2013 at 1:39pm

Maybe this is obvious, but... my host mom just emailed me and said that it gets pretty hot starting in september..  so don't forget to pack a lot of summer clothes!

Comment by Miles Gayton on July 20, 2013 at 6:00pm

I could have gone about it better, but I hurt my shoulder right before leaving, so I couldn't really carry more weight anyways. If I were to do it again, I'd bring probably a 100L backpack but fill it to 75L so that I would have space to get things while I'm here.  Might have to buy a duffel bag while I'm here.

Comment by Sarah Lahasky on July 20, 2013 at 5:22pm

Wow, Miles, that sounds impressive! Are you planning to buy a lot of things there, or do you really only need two backpacks worth of stuff?? Maybe I need to rethink my packing... 

Comment by Miles Gayton on July 20, 2013 at 4:49pm

Allison, that sounds like a good amount to pack.  I'm in Buenos Aires right now.  I ended up bringing a 75L backpack and a 32L daypack.  Starting to wish I brought a bit larger daypack or backpack.

Members (35)

© 2017   Created by IFSA-Butler Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service