Institute for Study Abroad - Butler University

Griffith University Spring 2012!

Information

Griffith University Spring 2012!

For anyone studying at Griffith University in the Spring of 2012!!

Members: 9
Latest Activity: Feb 12, 2012

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Griffith University Spring 2012! to add comments!

Comment by Courtney L. Rust on February 12, 2012 at 10:23pm

TOMORROW! See you guys soon!! Looking forward to it :) I'll be in LAX around 5 as well!

Comment by Forrest Allen on February 12, 2012 at 7:02pm

FINALLY! I have been dying to leave. See yall at 6 or so at LAX! Im a tall guy with a red backpack and a small black duffel bag... Call out my name - Ill be looking for some company for that 15 hour plane ride! Haha

Comment by Paige Donlin on February 12, 2012 at 6:41pm
Tomorrow is the day!! Can't wait to meet all of you at LAx!!
Comment by Lindsay Simoncavage on February 6, 2012 at 6:46pm

Hey guys! Also just letting you know that luggage is max 2 bags no more then 50 lbs each. Also consider that you may be buying stuff over here as well. Looking forward to meeting you! Not long now : )

Comment by Forrest Allen on February 6, 2012 at 5:10pm

Still considering bringing just one bag... One week! Ill be looking for all of yall at LAX!

Comment by Nicolette on February 6, 2012 at 8:39am

Just figured out how to get on this thing - ha! better late than never!!

I'm too excited about Monday!! (I haven't even begun packing yet)

Comment by Lindsay Simoncavage on February 4, 2012 at 3:48am

Hey guys! I am going to be your student services coordinator when you arrive in Australia. I just wanted to jump in and make a suggestion. I would bring your laptop if I were you. Griffith library and the village have computers to use but from experience, it is very very hard to find a free one unless you get there first thing in the morning and camp out all day. Your laptop also accesses the wireless anywhere on campus so it is a great thing to have! Also linens will be provided. Looking forward to seeing you all when you get here : )

Comment by Forrest Allen on February 1, 2012 at 12:42pm

Rules look strict in GUV.. register parties? Guests out by midnight? I hope they cant actually regulate that..

I actually met with the Australian ambassador to the U.S. this morning in D.C. He was really nice and said Griffith is the most successful of the modern universities in Australia. He also said we should always keep our heads on a swivel because Australians like to play practical jokes! ... and he apologized for the high cost of living.. he said America has more competitive markets than much of the rest of the world. Education and health care are the only things cheaper there. Destinations should be Ayers rock, great barrier reef (from Cairns), Canberra (if you like govt), and Sydney. I want to leave now.

Comment by Courtney L. Rust on January 31, 2012 at 9:03pm

Shaleen- Thanks for the advice for classes! He did forget to put the attachment on the e-mail.

I'm in GUV as well! 13 days and counting :)

Comment by Forrest Allen on January 31, 2012 at 4:50pm

So we have recieved our housing assignments. My mailing address is: Griffith University Village
96 Edmund Rice Drive
Southport, QLD 4215

Do yall have the same address? I would assume that is simply the main office address as opposed to our individual appartment numbers...

Members (7)

© 2017   Created by IFSA-Butler Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service