Institute for Study Abroad - Butler University

Information

Costa Rica Spring 2011

Who's going to Universidad Nacional?!

Members: 18
Latest Activity: Jun 20, 2013

Discussion Forum

This group does not have any discussions yet.

Comment Wall

Comment

You need to be a member of Costa Rica Spring 2011 to add comments!

Comment by Lizzie Smith on January 20, 2011 at 8:39pm
Hey Mary Fay! Lets just try to keep an eye out for each other at Charlotte/once we get off the plane. From the program materials it sounds like it should be easy to grab a taxi outside of the airport once we land. Since we'll be getting to the hotel in Heredia pretty early, I say we go and check out our host city. Can't wait to see you all Sunday!
Comment by Elana Metsch-Ampel on January 20, 2011 at 6:24pm
hi mary fay, i'm bringing my american phone, but i double checked that it was compatible w/ costa rican plans - so maybe double check that w/ your provider? i hope this helps! i'm not sure if this will actually work..
Comment by Mary Fay on January 20, 2011 at 5:58pm

Hey everyone, 

can't believe the big day is so soon!  I'm on the us airways 1707 flight from charlotte, so if anyone else on that has figured out what youre doing once we land let me know!  also, for those of you who are getting a costa rican sim card, are you doing that there and just bringing your american phone?

Comment by Elana Metsch-Ampel on January 20, 2011 at 2:42pm
christina, i tried getting in touch w them but i'm having trouble getting through! i'll let you know if i have any luck... my #s 9734321308 :)
Comment by Sarah van Nostrand on January 19, 2011 at 9:29pm
Lizzie, sounds good! I'm definitely up for wandering around a little when we get there. Yeah I'm hoping we'll just see each other in the airport, (I'll look for the coffee haha) I only have like a half hour layover in Charlotte so I'm realllly hoping everything is on time!
Comment by Lizzie Smith on January 19, 2011 at 1:14pm

Hey girls taking the Charlotte flight-

My phone is getting cut off here in a couple days, so I won't have any way to get in touch with y'all the day of our travels. I'm sure we'll be able to spot each other, but please come find me so we can taxi to Heredia together. I'll be the girl with a cup of coffee the size of my head since I have to leave the mountains so early haha. And it doesn't sound like we have anything official to do for orientation until the morning of the 24th. I'm thinking afternoon exploring? Ah its so soon!

Comment by Brittney on January 18, 2011 at 4:54pm

Hey everybody, time is sure ticking away until we leave. I'm excited, but I'm pretty nervous too but it'll be nice to finally meet everyone. I started packing today and there seems to be a lot of stuff! Not sure how I'm going to fit it all into my luggage, lol...anyone else having that problem...or any tips. I'm about to just start tossing stuff out, and hoping that I don't need it later  :- )

And thanks Jerusha for the money tip, I wasn't sure what kind of money stuff I should bring down there.

Comment by C Monica Yasunaga on January 18, 2011 at 2:35pm

hi elana, actually i have not contacted the taxi company yet, i was wondering if you already have?

also i'll just leave my number here as an extra contact: (203) 554-1005

looking forward to meeting you all soon! :)

Comment by Elana Metsch-Ampel on January 17, 2011 at 4:12pm
hi christina, i get in just before noon so getting a cab together sounds great! have you already contacted the company IFSA suggests to use for a taxi?
Comment by C Monica Yasunaga on January 17, 2011 at 3:19pm

hey elana, your idea for the costa rican sim card sounds cool! i'll see if i might be able to try that too.

i'm flying out of JFK really early on sunday morning, i'll get to costa rica around 12:30! so maybe we can grab a taxi together if that works :)

Members (17)

© 2014   Created by IFSA-Butler Webmaster.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service