Institute for Study Abroad - Butler University

Hey, is anyone else going to Stirling in the fall?

Views: 706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Caitlin!  So with housing, we had to fill out those housing preference forms too, but what ended up happening was that they seemed to disregard our choices altogether and stuck a good portion of the international students into one dorm building, called Geddes, which I don't think would be on the housing preference form you have. It's a freshman dorm, but they filled one side of the building with us international students and the other half is freshmen. I believe they're doing the same next semester when we all move out and filling our singles with the incoming international students, but they may change their minds! So as for the form, I'd say still put down your preferences (I think they're all pretty similar so it shouldn't make too much of a difference which you choose, but the one I'd put down was H.H. Donnelly which is what a girl from a previous semester had recommended to me and is closer to one of the academic buildings) but you may end up just being put in with the majority of other international students in one dorm building. And more often than not (actually I haven't heard otherwise) you get a single with a sink in it, and sometimes a sink and a bathroom too! So that's really nice. Good luck with the rest of your application process and let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Ok, that's really helpful to know.  I had a feeling that might be how it worked, but I thought it was worth asking about anyway!  Thank you so much for your help, and I hope your semester is going well!

RSS

© 2017   Created by IFSA-Butler Webmaster.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service